Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Houston
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s draining correctly so your Houston basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop working for several various reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working like it should, call the Experts at Church Services to investigate the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for a few different reasons:
- Power loss
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frosted over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is upright and not leaning to one side, since this can lead the pump to not activate when required.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and drains the water rapidly.
- During dry weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Church Services for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to shield your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Church Services to ensure yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 713-396-3760 or schedule an appointment online.