According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The average cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Church Services can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly installed to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Houston don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Church Services, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to handle everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or backup, be sure to contact us at (713) 396-3760
the second you identify a problem to evade as much, sometimes expensive, destruction to your house and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are throwing away trash properly.
- Pouring grease down your drain will create a blockage in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Church Services install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Church Services to check for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Church Services today at (713) 396-3760
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.