Many homes in the Houston area were once piped with galvanized and/or copper water supply lines. Over time these pipes deteriorate, causing yellowish looking water, decreased pressure, or even small pinhole leaks. Church Services offers several options to replace your old pipes.
When to call
- Yellowish Water – If you have noticed your water turning yellow in color it is time to begin thinking about replacing your old pipes.
- Flakes in water – Typically flakes in your water are indicative of rusting galvanized pipes.
- Deterioration in water pressure – If you are noticing a deterioration in water pressure throughout the home this can often be explained by rust building up in the fixtures.
- Brown discoloration of sinks/tubs – Over time the residue from the rust and discolored water will begin to leave signs in your tubs, sinks and toilets.
Advantages of Re-piping
- Getting rid of galvanized piping – even if you are not seeing the signs of your pipes aging, catching them before they do is an advantage of re-piping your home. Galvanized pipes will deteriorate without question. Due to water conditions, the calcium/magnesium in oru water supplies promote deterioration of galvanized pipes
- Many horizontal (in the attic) pipes are made of copper – copper pipes are prone to pinhole leaks, often making the discovery difficult. Pinhole leaks take longer to find and are often not completely noticeable when they begin, causing water damage to walls or floors and costly repairs.
Types of Re-piping offered
- Horizontal re-piping- This type of repiping covers horizontal pipes typically located in attic crawl spaces. Horizontal re-pipes are more common because deterioration happens here more often.
- Vertical re-piping – This can be done to sections of your home or a complete vertical repiping. This only covers piping running vertically throughout the home. Incisions are made in the sheetrock to facilitate the replacement, these areas of removed sheetrock are usually repaired by another contractor.
- Whole House re-piping – These types of re-pipes cover all pipes above the slab both horizontal and vertical.
Church Services uses Wirsbo PEX piping to replace your current piping system. PEX piping is flexible, durable and more cost efficient than other types of water line materials. PEX piping comes in red (for hot water lines), blue (for cold water lines), or clear options. Wirsbo PEX comes with a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty.
If your home is already experiencing issues with old pipes or you are thinking of replacing your old piping call Church Services. Our knowledgeable and experienced plumbers are ready and waiting to help.