Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Houston
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you frustrated and cold in Houston, the Experts at Church Services can help.
Sometimes, you can fix problems with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a couple of things you can try before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Check that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it discovers a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and spark a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s a problem with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our Expert service technicians. Call Church Services for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pushing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner turns on but does not fire
- Previously mentioned troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Church Services can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our specialists have gone through thorough testing to earn the most prestigious HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are well-equipped to handle most any heating repair. And all our services are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help prevent furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace operating, Church Services technicians can go over a membership plan that could limit expensive repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating bills.