Preventing it from happening is the most essential step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Houston.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are working accurately, including your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Church Services.