The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you could guarantee a constant source of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should consider applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Church Services, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Reveal minor problems early: Issues with your home comfort system often form little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix smaller problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a mid-season breakdown diminishes.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that reduces the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety assessment during every visit offers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract grants access to the most rapid installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Church Services offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan features and work with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Church Services office today.