The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you may first think about continuing the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets expensive fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Church Services to help you choose and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your faucets, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main after severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Church Services, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Church Services office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.