Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Houston, you might be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some things to think about, plus the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Church Services, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the right advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your ongoing energy expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Church Services. We understand the price of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 713-396-3760 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.