Should I Install a New Air Conditioner and Furnace Together?
Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some things to think over, plus the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Church Services, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you get new systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your ongoing energy expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Church Services. We understand the price of replacing your complete system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 713-396-3760 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.