Building a new house? Upgrading your current system? No matter why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may soon realize you have more alternatives than you first thought. Follow this guide to help you measure four different types so you can find the best air conditioner in Houston.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people bring to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the total home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat when it’s cold.
This might be good for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You live in an area with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t use (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at an even 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump taps into this continuous well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You want one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the buried loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to get zoning for your house.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Church Services for anything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you select the best one for your home. Please contact us at 713-396-3760 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.