Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC professionals encourage servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, protecting against potential problems and extending its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This allows you to fix developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not recommended. Here are some key elements of the work performed during a routine service call:
- Careful inspection: The technician carefully looks through your AC unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less power to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your air conditioning every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean AC system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To optimize your savings, consider signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and price range. You’ll experience several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with certified professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.