There are a lot of fumes that could be inside your Houston house. Natural gas and fumes that come from home fixtures, carpet and paints. None of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Church Services at 713-396-3760 today to begin shielding your home against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?
Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not a situation to joke about.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you can’t see it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It’s not as dangerous in small amounts and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Deadly Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can filter into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Depending on how large the leak is and the airflow in a house, the gas may become lethal in within minutes.
Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it requires five hours to remove it from your body. You will need another five hours to cut that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Act Like Other Illnesses
It may also cause illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three steps you can complete to keep your residence safe:
- Each residence with at least one gas heater, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have a detector on all levels of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
Call Church Services at 713-396-3760 to get one. Ask our technicians about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you presently have a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly look at or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and buy a new system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, get out of your residence without delay and dial 911.
Keep Your Family Safe with Support from Church Services
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the dangerous gas. Take the precautions and call Church Services at 713-396-3760 to learn more.