No matter what the climate outside, the temperature inside your house designates how comfortable you will feel. Choose the right temp and your house will be a enjoyable escape from everything. But if your HVAC system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be fun.
It’s time to take an in-depth look at how you’re using your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Work through this quick quiz from Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Summer is right around the corner. How do you prepare your system?
- Replace the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having a party on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Instruct my attendees to bring cold beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor choose and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and bills by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most expensive system currently available.
- When you get your next monthly power bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will will cost more. My home comfort charges have been climbing.
- It will be similar to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Book a professional technician to examine it.
- Don’t think about it and hope it goes away.
Get ready to add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for the future. But if you responded to any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make a number of changes to help your equipment perform more efficiently. Keep going to learn how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Book Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are important tasks to help out your system for a season change, a professional tune-up is necessary to finish the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re around, your HVAC technician will look out for more significant complications for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even correctly maintained home comfort systems can have complications occasionally. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to homes at no extra cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Well-maintained HVAC systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and call us when they radically change. Your power bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re seeing a regular hike in your bills but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you hear a strange noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than irritating. It demonstrates something is wrong with your equipment. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left unchecked it could make for an high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!