No matter what the climate outside in Houston, the temperature inside your home designates how comfortable you will be. Choose the right temp and your house will be a enjoyable escape from everything. But if your climate control system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be fun.
It’s time for an in-depth look at the way you’re using your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a strong system or a poor performer. Start this quick quiz from Church Services to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are right around the corner in Houston. How do you prepare your AC?
- Replace the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It will probably be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Instruct my attendees to bring cool beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What will you do when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor to choose and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and bills by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most expensive system on the market in Houston.
- When you get your next monthly electricity bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My heating and cooling charges have increased quite a bit.
- It will be close to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Get a qualified technician to take a look.
- Forget about it and pray it stops.
Time to add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for the future. But if you responded to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make a number of changes to help your equipment perform better. Keep going to find out how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Set Up Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are crucial tasks to help out your system for a new season, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to finish the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will complete a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around, your HVAC service Expert will keep an eye out for more significant complications for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained home comfort systems can have complications occasionally. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no extra cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained home comfort systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It offers you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and call us when they dramatically change. Your power bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular climb in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your system. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than aggravating. It demonstrates something is wrong with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left unchecked it could make for a costly repair later on. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your equipment just isn’t cutting it anymore, think about finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!