We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Houston homeowners often call Church Services about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of causes why your Houston home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat glitches resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overload or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters which develops airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be fixed by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Church Services can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from nearly all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age have the potential to pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact Church Services of Houston at 713-396-3760 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.