It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Church Services is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.