There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Houston. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The team at Church Services recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather reaches Houston, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace works at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Houston this year.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to take place on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Church Services are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Houston, give us a call at 713-396-3760 or schedule an appointment with Church Services through our online scheduler.