Planning routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning system in Houston running at its top performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also could even help extend its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Church Services, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that entails a hefty amount of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your cooling unit freshened and inspected. Waiting to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need service or replacement, you could be waiting days for a technician. And that may become awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, AC upkeep can be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best order:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and could lower your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, because this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Church Services at 713-396-3760, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any buildup from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is starting, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve additional work, we are prepared to give you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering potential troubles early might solve more substantial problems down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your unit is aging.
When you are looking for a modern AC system, our Experts will assist you to choose the ideal system for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your service? Call us at 713-396-3760 or schedule an appointment online right away.