Booking routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning system in Houston running at its best performance while keeping utility consumption down. It also could even help extend its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can do alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Church Services, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can do alone as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a hefty portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning equipment scrubbed and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you need service or replacement, you could be waiting a long time for a technician. And that may become extremely uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioning service can be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the best order:
- Put in a new air filter recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn work by the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your equipment, because this could limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Church Services at 713-396-3760, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to eliminate any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is starting, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that need additional service, we are prepared to give you the most economical option. Uncovering potential issues early might solve more expensive problems later. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern cooling system to help make your new system fit your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to schedule your service? Contact us at 713-396-3760 or schedule an appointment online now.