An ideal climate for the lifecycle of a flea is 70 to 85 degrees with 70% humidity. Thankfully our pest control team provides quality flea extermination during any season.
Eating about 10-15 times their body weight every day, fleas latch onto squirrels, rats and rabbits to feed on blood. In Texas, fleas thrive year-round in carpeted areas, furniture, cracks in wood flooring, throw rugs, pets and even humans!
Flea Removal & Treatment Guidelines
- We recommend a whole-home flea treatment for both inside and outside your home.
We also offer a 30-day warranty for more severe infestations. You can easily upgrade it to a 60-day warranty option if you’d prefer.
- Before we treat the inside of the home, you must vacuum their carpets and floors thoroughly.
- The vacuum bag should be thrown away in an outside garbage can.
Certain items must be removed from the floor such as storage totes, magazines, toys and other loose items. Wherever there is carpeting we will treat it, including closets and under beds, so these areas should be free of items (even shoes). This will allow a more thorough treatment.
- You will have to leave the residence for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours during and after treatment so that you’re not exposed to the treatment.
- We love pets! Make sure that they’re safely secured in an area that is not being treated such as a bathroom that has tile.
- After the treatment, we recommend you vacuum once again and then discarding the vacuum bag in an outside garbage can to prevent further infestation.
How Do You Know You Have Fleas?
Ranging from 1/16 to 1/8 inches long and not always easy to spot like a fly or a cockroach, fleas cause constant scratching among your pets. If you’ve noticed a need to scratch your ankles or waist line, it’s a sign that fleas are well under way to infesting your property.
Our Pest Buster Services
Each adult female flea can lay 15 to 30 eggs every 24 hours. Don’t let your home become a nest.
- One-Time Treatment: $115
- Quarterly Treatment: $340 per year
- Priority Membership: $199 (Best Value)
No matter the rodent, our Houston pest control team can exclude and exterminate insects and rodents – allowing you to live worry free. Give us a call at (713) 722-5000 to schedule a free estimate.