Air Conditioning & Heating Replacement Austin
Central Texas residents from Austin to New Braunfels know the importance of energy efficiency better than anyone. An old air conditioning and heating system could be costing you big, but fear not, Church Services‘ reputable and qualified HVAC technicians have been replacing systems in your area for over 25 years. If your family is considering replacing the air conditioning and/or heating system keep the following things in mind.
Why and When Should I Replace My HVAC System?
- Climbing electricity bills due to an inefficient system. – Whether it’s noon or midnight, the AC in your home may not get much of a rest for a large portion of the year. According to Austin Energy, our Air Conditioning systems can account for 50% to 70% of our electricity usage. AC units that are not well maintained or are not functioning correctly could cost homeowners hundreds to thousands of dollars per year through utility bills alone.
- Older Units – If your unit is 10 years or older, chances are the warranty has already met its end, which means any repairs are coming from your wallet directly. If your home was made in the last 10 years you may think you’re in the clear, however home builders don’t put quality equipment on new homes. Typically home builders are getting great deals on quantity but rarely put quality units on homes. These builders grade units rarely last very far beyond 10 years, many customers find they don’t make it all the way to the 10 year mark.
- Costly Repairs – People are always quick to say, “It’s cheaper to repair than it is to buy a new one”. If you’ve ever been (or are currently) on the receiving end of a failing air conditioning unit, you quickly begin to hum another tune. Over time, various pieces will deteriorate and create costly refrigerant leaks or perhaps an integral piece will break and will become difficult to locate a replacement part. At some point the old adage stops adding up.
Advanced HVAC Technology
Air conditioning and heating manufacturers have been benefiting from the ever increasing technology advancements that are more apparent to us in our day to day lives.
- AC Units that “shift” gears. – If you know anything about electronic appliances, they have 2 primary states they function in – on or off. Older air conditioning and heating systems operated by this limited point of view for many years. But now we have cars that turn themselves off at traffic lights, phones that sleep when not in use and DVR’s that can record shows, even if you’re not watching. So why shouldn’t AC manufacturers take advantage of the same types of technology? Well who says they haven’t. Here’s a little look at then and now:
- Single Stage Equipment – Single stage equipment operates in 2 modes – on or off. These units were designed to use 100% of available resources and deliver 100% based on the thermostats settings.
- Dual Stage Equipment – Dual stage equipment (also known as 2 stage) will power on to use 100% of the allowable resources at first but once its potential is reached (meaning the temp you set the thermostat to) the unit will slow down to using only 66% based on inside and outside variables.
- Variable Speed – Variable speed equipment works similarly to the transmission on a car, gearing up slowly as needed as opposed going all out from the beginning. Based on inside and outside variables (temperatures, humidity levels, thermostat settings, etc.) these units conserve energy by not using more than they need. These types of systems typically run in a low setting most of the time for energy efficiency.
- Thermostats – It seems like everything has an LCD screen now that we never really needed before. The oven, dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, refrigerator and of course the thermostat. But if you ever came home to a cold house before having a thermostat that could turn your system off without you actually touching it, chances are you gave yourself a good kick in the pants for leaving the AC on all day (even if it was nice to walk into a cold house). The days of relying on your significant other to drop by the house on their lunch break to double check that you did indeed turn the AC up or off are long gone (we can’t help with the toaster though).
- Programmable Thermostats – Like a modern miracle, programmable thermostats swooped in and became the prized possession of many a homeowner. With the ability to handle 2 temperature changes per day for up to 5 to 7 days, depending on the model, these modern wonders left their homeowners with a sense of calm. Enabling homeowners to leave their home with other things on their minds, simply set it and forget it. Now when you come home to a cool house, it’s because you told it to do that.
- WiFi Thermostats – These new-fangled things talk to the other new-fangled things in our lives. Forget about even telling these things when you’re home or not, there’s an app for that! If pressing your nose to your smart phone seems like too much of an effort, you can even let this little device keep track of your phone with a geo-target, once you step into the geo-fenced area it will cool the house off before you get home. Many of the apps include graphs and gizmos galore to tell you about your energy usage, and even inner workings of the mechanical parts of your system.
Church Services has been using Wells Fargo financing for almost 10 years. Wells Fargo financing offers special financing offers with approved credit. Click here to learn more >>
Proving We Care With Every Repair
No matter the size of the job, Church Services will do the right thing for you and your home. Beginning with a no cost consultation to determine which air conditioning and heating system is right for your home (this consultation does not include a mechanical evaluation of existing equipment). To the installation of your new equipment by Church Services employees, our service is with you every step of the way. If you’re ready to begin a replacement journey, let us get you headed in the right direction. Call (512) 476-6800 today in the Austin area for an estimate.